Look at an efficient ERP system selection in 8 simple steps, prepared by Epicor specialists.
1. Evaluate – form a committee of top management, functional experts and end-users and get buy-in at every stage of the selection process.
2. Assess – determine what you’re doing well and identify the gaps and challenges that can be solved with ERP.
3. Establish criteria – consider features, price, platform and criteria important to your comittee. Then rank them as very important, important and less important.
4. Schedule consultations – talk to as many ERP vendors as possible – for 10 minutes each – you will get far insight than from their webside.
5. Create a shortlist – use your consultatin calls to trim your list to 3-5 ERP solutions that best fit your business.
6. Make contact – visit with the vendors on your shortlist, then set up a presentations and demonstrations.
7. Prepare questions – ask the tough questions and see whose response feel right.
8. Check references – talk to companies who have implemented the systems you are considering and make sure your vendors are as good as thes say.
For more information see Epicor Whitepaper.